Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

네네 치킨 NENE Chicken at Bedok Mall.


HOLAAAA...!

In today's post I will talk about this korean chicken fast food chain restaurant: NENE Chiken. Yup it's like "yes..yes.. chiken". After passing by their outlet couple times at bedok mall, I finally decided to give it a try. 

After hearing their explanation to the customer in front of me, I learnt that - if you're buying a set - after you choose your set [basically the part of chicken and the portion], you get to choose your sauce, starter, sides, and drinks. <3<3

The initial plan was to try thier boneless chicken set, turns out they ran out of it, so...sure! i'll try the one with bones. [did I mention it's cheaper? Yasss.. Score!!] XD.  I choose Set Meal [2 pcs - $7.90], Freaking Hot sauce [cause there's a lil 대박 written there], Corn Salad as starters, Buffalo Sticks as sides, and Orange Juice. I did asked the cashier for recommendation, he said their fav sauces was Swicy and Freaking Hot. *smirk*

Buzzz...buzz.. and there's my food, ready to pick. 

How hot can a Freaking Hot sauce - in singapore - be, right? Or that's what I thought. As a spicy eater + Indonesian [dunno if it helps :p] i'm quite confident with my 'heat' resistance. After I took the tray, took out my cam, and was busy taking pics of my food. Then "why don't take an in-hand pics?" so i lifted the chicken with my [gloved] hand. once i put it back, and wanting to take my glove off to keep my cam before i officially start eating. that's when i lick the sauce as i'm taking off my glove. kinda anticipating just how hard it will kick me, when suddenly it went BBBAAAMMM! Turns out they're not kidding nor bluffing when they decide the name. BURNING HOT. So hot i need to scrape down the sauce, and still finish the whole cup of orange juice and salad on my first piece.

If you're wondering if it was a good meal.. it was. the chicken was quite nice in a sense that it's not dried up and even with the sauce covering you can still taste the crunchy - fried chicken - skin. The salad was nice as well...I mean it was corn and sliced crabsticks mixed with mayo.. so unless you're very unlucky, then it'll be bad. The other thing i need to mention is the Buffalo Sticks. it was aweeesssoooomeeee.... not sure if they have it here in singapore, but i think it tasted quite similar to A&W's Curly fries back in Indonesia. Like some seasoned fries which actually seasoned before they fry it [i think]? 

So overall, i liked it. Most probably will come back. To all of you spice-lover out there. You might wanna try this, and tell me what you think. 

To all Moslem friends, this one is Halal!

Here's some pictures:
The Menu
Not sure why they don't have the corn salad written there but yeah..it's there. New menu - perhaps?
The Set
2 chickens, 1 salad, 1 fries, 1 drink, 1 plastic-disposable-glove.
Buffalo Sticks

Star of the night: THE CHICKEN ITSELF!!
It was ssssooo hot i can't finish it.
It was the first time i didn't finish a fried chicken because it's hot [spicy].

NENE CHICKEN
The Star Vista // Bedok Mall // *SCAPE // The Seletar Mall // ONE KM

That's it for today! Do check out my instagram for more updates. :)

1 comment: