Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2017

TWINS Korean Restaurant


닭집 이다....!!!

I and some of my friends were exploring a little bit of Tanjong Pagar the other day and maaannn...! there really are Korean restaurants EVERYWHERE. From K-BBQ, Bars to 치킨 집. No wonder some call this area "Little Korea".

After wandering for a good 2 hours [or so], the sun was setting and it's time for dinner! We were standing in front of this place deciding what to eat when a random stranger told us "they serve really good fried chicken, we just finished 20 of them." WHUT? Coming from a random ang-moh who obviously did not get paid to say this, it's pretty much decided.

The Place was quite busy, but Thank God there was no queue, so we went right in and find ourself an empty table. After scanning through the menu, Here's our order:
  • Black-bean Noodle [짜장면],
  • Spicy seafood noodle soup [짬뽕],
  • Garlic-Soy boneless Chicken, and
  • Seafood Pancake. [해물파전]
our dinner sans jjampong cos it's taking longer to prepare [i guess] and my mates waz hangry

Black-bean Noodle - S$16.90++
Honestly, I was most excited for this one when we placed out order. You know... Jjajangmyon - Korean culture - Korean TV shows. They always have this, don't they? Besides, I've tried jjajangmyon from a few different place here in Singapore, so my expectation was kinda high.

Not bad! In fact, I enjoyed it. so much so I kinda refused to eat the jjampong at first. I like how the noodles are thick and chewy. The sauce was a beautiful mix of sweet and savory with pork chunks and onions. just take a slice of their kimchi for each bite, and you're good to go.


Jjampong - S$16.90++
This was definitely the star of the night. I was quite skeptical at first, thinking it'll be like any spicy noodle. Then as I was trying to taking a few snaps, the aromatic wok-hei surprised me. Thought I smell it wrongly but maaaannn t'was really coming from this bowl, And I LOVE it.
They must've stir fried the ingredients before turning them into a flavorful soup. Not to mention they're quite generous with the portion.

Being a kampong-noob [have never been to Korea - #sob], I was told that this is how it's normally cooked in Korea. Ah~ at least I got a taste of it already. #lol


Garlic-Soy boneless Chicken - S$20++ [half]
Crispy, Well-seasoned, Flavorful plate of fried chicken never fails. Especially the one labeled as "Best Seller" on the menu. This particular one comes with especially strong garlic flavor. So if you enjoy garlic as much as I do, this is a good thing. Otherwise, you might want to choose something else.


Seafood Pancake - S$20++
I have not much to say about this, just imagine a huge not so crispy veggie fritters, filled with leek and chunks of seafoods. that is exactly how it taste like.

Kimchi
So on my way to the toilet I, saw this box of korean-goodness. diz iz awesome guys!
PSA: you need to ASK for their kimchi because it's SO GOOD but they don't serve it by default like other korean restaurants. and yes, it's FREE.


We spent a total of S$81.20 for 4 pax.

The aftermath.
And oh! I'm not much of a drinker, but if you fancy alcohol, might wanna try their ice cream beer and Twins also serve range of soju like...

Ambience:
Table-set with free wet towel. Yes, free. not the kind of place that trap you into paying for these.


Twins Korean Restaurant – Fried Chicken
7 Craig Rd, 089667
Monday – Saturday: 11:30AM-3PM, 5PM-12AM
Sunday: 5pm – 11pm
Phone: +65 6221 5205/ +65 90063875

http://twins.sg/
https://www.facebook.com/Twins.Korean.Restaurant

Say Hi and follow me on Instagram @anthony.ali for more recent updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment