Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Salted-egg-yolk-over-charcoal-waffle battle.

A lil background,
I mentioned couple times in my instagram, and A LOT of times with whoever asking me for waffle-advise that i really recommend the Charcoal Gourmet Waffle -- with salted egg yolk sauce and earl grey lavender ice cream -- from Fat Cat Ice Cream Bar. It's just amazingly pleasing in the mouth. [not to mention it's picturisque].


THE Gourmet Charcoal Waffle -- Earl-Grey Lavender ice cream
I was kinda fixed. charcoal waffle = Fat Cat.

One day, i saw this post in Instagram saying that Twenty Grammes also have charcoal waffle, and it ALSO comes with salted egg yolk, and it's better than the other one -- which later i found in comment section it's refering to Fat Cat. 

And there i was, at Twenty Grammes, trying their charcoal waffle.
[I remember vividly it was Deepavali public holiday, and i spent the whole day feeling unwell due to severe flu. Thanks to my beloved sista for dragging me there, and turns out it did make me feels a lot better. XD]

The iconic 'pourshot'
Must-take, ya?! XD
Since the sauce sengek just now, rotate a bit and take some more lah..!
the un-glam side. XD
In my [humble] opinion -- personally i think Fat Cat will still be in the first place. Not only that the waffle texture itself was just to my liking [crispy outside - moist inside] their earl grey lavender ice cream was just.... [insert bigfatloveemoji here] i tried some 3 other flavours, earl grey lavender still the BEST. [period].

As for Twenty Grammes, if you like your waffle to be more pancake-ish kind, you'll love theirs [apparently a lot of people loves theirs -- or maybe i was just the lucky customer who got my waffle not so crispy that day]. Salted egg yolk sauce was more to the rough-er side compared to it's competitor. lastly -- again, it's based on my liking -- they don't serve lavender ice cream. 

Price [charcoal waffle, 1 scoop ice cream, salted egg yolk sauce]:
- Fat Cat: S$11.50 [could be different depending on the choice of ice cream]
- Twenty Grammes: S$12.00

Twenty Grammes -- Environment:



I put the menu extra large uh! can see better, right? :D 



Fat Cat Ice Cream Bar:
http://fatcat.sg
Instagram: @fatcatsg
Blk 416 Bedok North Avenue 2 #01-25, 460416
More Details: http://fatcat.sg/contact/

Twenty Grammes Cafe:
http://www.twentygrammes.comInstagram: @twentygrammes
753 North Bridge Road (S) 198721
Telp: 6717 1733
Email: info@twentygrammes.com
Operating Hours:Sunday - Thursday 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday  - Saturday 12:00pm - 01:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment